Ok—at the turn of the New Year you spent considerable time coming up with a set of resolutions. How’s it going? If you are like me, maybe you’re not satisfied with where you are.
So—hit the pause button.
Remember these simple strategies that may be of help.
1. Keep them few in number. Maybe you were over-zealous. Focus on just a handful.
- Specific—did you write them clearly and succinctly?
- Measurable—you can’t manage what you can’t measure.
- Actionable—did you begin each with a verb?
- Realistic—they should stretch you, but did you use common sense?
- Time-bound—each should have an end date.
3. Tell family and friends what you are priorities are. This is what I aim to accomplish. Be accountable.
If you aren’t where you want to be, hit the Pause Button. Take action.
Have you revisited your “resolutions?” Are you where you want to be? What action steps do you need to take?